Altered images is a spontaneous space for experimental film, videoart, installations and live music. The aim of the festival is to showcase silent movies or sound movies that are open to a sound reinterpretation.
Our showcase is opened to artists whose work has an experimental and innovative character.
The goal of the showcase is to create an evening of live music, projections, perfomances and art installations where people can enjoy the show in a relaxed and friendly environment within the art scene of London (UK).
We’re looking for brave and risky filmmakers, who like to explore with the sound and the different hints another artist can give to their images.
One of our priorities is to look after the selected videos and performances we are showcasing and the artists behind them (social media and trough different plattforms), inviting them to attend to the event, when possible, and providing feedback to all of them.
Get your movie or video showcased at Altered Images and see the result of the event released in different social media channels.
From our platform we will promote all the work exhibited to engage with the biggest audience possible and creating a network between different artists and audiences.
RULES AND TERMS
1. We don’t require premier status,
2. The film must have a length between 1 and 25 minutes.
3. Multiple entries are allowed.
4. My exhibition copy of the movie will be sent to Altered Images via a compressed electronic file (mp4 preferred). ALL films must be received no later than Monday Monday, 19th of May, 2021.
5. My movie may be utilized for promotional purposes by Altered Images.
6. I permit Altered Images to use my name and stills from my movie (at least one print-quality and one web version provided upon request) for all promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all movie submissions:
7. Altered Images retains the right to archive the submitted file or copy of my movie in digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without my permission. All submissions should be downloaded to FilmFreeway for easy access to the entire Altered Images screening committee.
8. Altered Images will conduct private screening sessions with its screening team to review submissions, which may include my movie.
9. Altered Images does not provide refunds on submission fees.
10. You must complete a separate submission if submitting more than one movie. Entry fees are per movie entered and must be paid and confirmed on FilmFreeway.
All filmmakers with selected projects will be notified regarding acceptance by 31st May, 2021 by the email address provided at the time of submission.
Altered Images proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway, the world's #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests. Click to submit.
Unit G Arena Design Center
71 Ashfield Road