Altered Images is an innovative and boundary-pushing experimental Film and Music Festival. Our mission is to bring together artists from diverse disciplines, fostering collaboration and creating original, one-of-a-kind pieces. With a focus on New Media Arts, Sound, Performance, Inclusivity, Feminism, and Queer Activism, we strive to push the boundaries of artistic expression.
Our showcase welcomes artists whose work embodies an experimental and innovative spirit. Through live music, projections, performances, and art installations, we aim to curate events that provide a relaxed, inclusive, and friendly environment for our audience to immerse themselves in the experience.
We are particularly interested in working with bold and adventurous filmmakers who are eager to explore the fusion of sound and visuals, embracing the influence and inspiration that other artists can bring to their work.
As part of our commitment to supporting artists, we prioritize caring for the selected videos and performances showcased at our event. We actively promote the artists and their work through social media and various platforms, inviting them to attend the event whenever possible. Furthermore, we provide valuable feedback to all participants, fostering a nurturing and growth-oriented environment.
Join us on this exciting journey of artistic experimentation and collaboration. Together, let's create a platform that celebrates creativity, challenges conventions, and leaves a lasting impact on both artists and audiences alike.
Get your movie or video showcased at Altered Images and benefit from the diffusion of the event in different social media.
We will promote all the works exhibited to engage with the largest possible audience and to create a network between different artists and audiences.
RULES AND TERMS
A complete separate submission form must be filled if submitting more than one movie. Each submitted film shall pay the entry fee and be confirmed on FilmFreeway.
All filmmakers with selected projects will be notified via e-mail regarding acceptance by 8th September 2023. Such notification will be received at the email address provided at the time of submission.
Altered Images proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway, the world's #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests. Click to submit.
1. We don’t demand premier status.
2. Submitted films must have a length between 1 and 25 minutes.
3. Multiple entries are allowed.
4. The exhibition copy of the movie will be sent to Altered Images as a compressed electronic file (mp4 preferred). ALL films must be received no later than Friday 29th of September, 2023.
5. Submitted films may be utilized for promotional purposes by Altered Images.
6. Altered Images is allowed to use artist names and stills from their submitted films (at least one print-quality and one web version provided upon request) for all promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all film submissions:
7. Altered Images retains the right to archive the submitted file or copy of the submitted film in digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without the artist’s permission. All submissions should be downloaded to FilmFreeway for easy access to the entire Altered Images screening committee.
8. Altered Images will conduct private screening sessions with its screening team to review all submissions.
9. Altered Images does not provide refunds on submission fees.
Altered Images Office
N7 6AT London UK