Altered Images is a project for film and music experimentation. We bring together artists from various disciplines to create original and unique pieces that will be shown at different events. We are focused in New Media Arts, Sound, Performance, Inclusivity, Feminism and Queer Activism.
Our showcase is opened to artists whose work has an experimental and innovative character.
The goal of the showcase is to create events of live music, projections, performances and art installations where people can enjoy the show in a relaxed, inclusive and friendly environment.
We are looking for brave and risky filmmakers, who like to explore with the sound and the different hints another artist can give to their images.
One of our priorities is to look after the selected videos and performances we are showcasing and the artists behind them (social media and trough different plattforms), inviting them to attend to the event, when possible, and providing feedback to all of them.
Get your movie or video showcased at Altered Images and benefit from the diffusion of the event in different social media.
We will promote all the works exhibited to engage with the largest possible audience and to create a network between different artists and audiences. This will be made through our platform and our partners Decentraland, E0n and iPitch.tv.
This year we have partnered with iPitch.tv (https://ipitch.tv/) and we are offering a free three month subscription in their platform for all the films selected and 10 free annual subscriptions to the best films of this edition.
RULES AND TERMS
1. We don’t demand premier status.
2. Submitted films must have a length between 1 and 25 minutes.
3. Multiple entries are allowed.
4. The exhibition copy of the movie will be sent to Altered Images as a compressed electronic file (mp4 preferred). ALL films must be received no later than Monday 3rd of October, 2022.
5. Submitted films may be utilized for promotional purposes by Altered Images.
6. Altered Images is allowed to use artist names and stills from their submitted films (at least one print-quality and one web version provided upon request) for all promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all film submissions:
7. Altered Images retains the right to archive the submitted file or copy of the submitted film in digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without the artist’s permission. All submissions should be downloaded to FilmFreeway for easy access to the entire Altered Images screening committee.
8. Altered Images will conduct private screening sessions with its screening team to review all submissions.
9. Altered Images does not provide refunds on submission fees.
A complete separate submission form must be filled if submitting more than one movie. Each submitted film shall pay the entry fee and be confirmed on FilmFreeway.
All filmmakers with selected projects will be notified via e-mail regarding acceptance by 21st of September 2022. Such notification will be received at the email address provided at the time of submission.
Altered Images proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway, the world's #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests. Click to submit.
Pussatas Fritas Performing
Moment of the show
Performing King of More
Collage of some of the selected films
Thiago Medici and Olivia Emes live
Alba Moyano - Presenter
Tom Purcelll Live
Tom Purcell Live
Moment of the Show
Magdalena Ka Live
Altered Images Office
N7 6AT London UK